India is a land that has a rich ancient history and deep cultural roots. It is a land of spiritual blessings. A visit to India is unlike any other place one can visit in the world. Indian customs and rituals have been admired by most of the travelers who have visited the country and the vast range of geographical locations in India has made it one of the top tourist destinations.
1. Incredible diversity: India is famous for its unimaginable amount of diversity and yet in the midst of this there is unity. One can travel through India and experience a distinct cultural difference in every region. Even though historical standpoint India's assimilation strength always stays at a greater height. India truly offers countless shades in terms of culture, tradition, cuisines, languages and even landscapes.
2. History: India has a mixed record of successes and failures. It is the world's most ancient surviving civilization and has thousands of years of history to be explored. Home to the ancient Indus Valley Civilization and a region of historic trade routes, the Indian subcontinent was identified with its commercial and cultural wealth for much of its long history.
3. Folk Art: India has a profusion of folk art that is kept alive mostly in rural communities. Every region in India has its own style and pattern of art. The folk art of India is cultural and simple, yet very colorful and lively enough to speak volumes about the country's rich cultural heritage.
4. The Taj Mahal: It is a bit cliché, but travelers visiting India should at least save a day in their schedule to visit this enchanting beauty, the Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal is an enthralling piece of architectural art that portrays the love that Emperor Shah Jahan had for his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal.
5. Religious festivals: The best way to understand the cultural map of India is by visiting India during an important local festival like Holi in Jaipur, Pushkar festival in Pushkar and Janmashtami in Vrindavan etc. Throughout the year different occasions bring together people from different walks of life to forget all their differences and get involved in pure fun. By taking part in these colorful festivities, one can see the liveliness of India today as it holds the traditions of its intriguing past.
6. Indian Hospitality: Indians consider it an immense honor to have visitors in their abodes, and go out of their way to gratify them. There's a famous saying in India, Athithi Devo Bhava, which means that the "Guest is God". There's nothing like Indian hospitality. And, as a result of the growing status of homestays in India, there are plenty of occasions to experience it.
7. Thrilling Wildlife: The wildlife sanctuaries of India are home to many of the World's endangered species of mammals and birds. Some of the destinations that offer an enthralling experience of the wild abode include Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, Ranthambore National Park, Kanha Tiger Reserve, Sunderban Wildlife Sanctuary and Kaziranga National Park, etc.
8. Delicious Food: In India, there is a well-known saying that "Appetizing food paves the way to someone's heart". Indian food is famous throughout the world, for being rich and flavorful. The cuisines in India vary from region to region, and street food is extremely popular too.
9. Spiritual Experience: India is the origin of various religions and religious thinking. Many people visit India, not for the tourist attractions, but to experience a calm and serene environment and get in touch with their spiritual selves. Spiritual arts like yoga and meditation have fascinated a huge number of tourists from all around the globe. A visit to various temples, a look at the religious texts and the stories of how different legends initiated can provide a deeper vision into Indian culture and will definitely refresh your wits like no place in the world.
10. Music: India is well-known for its various folk arts and especially classical Indian music. Music is a vital part of the Indian society and many distinguished world musicians have originated from India since ancient times. The Carnatic influence from the 15th and 16th centuries AD plays a major role in shaping traditional Indian music. However, there are various forms of folk music which plays a distinctive sound and feel which is specific to their region of origination.
India is a sensory feast, and these are just a few reasons for you to visit this beautiful land.
Priyanka is a travel writer at Trans India Holidays, she is passionate about visiting different destinations and sharing her experience through articles and blogs.
0 comments on "Top 10 Reasons To Visit India"